Summer Intensive Language School
If you have started to learn Chinese and would like to practice and improve your language, this two-week summer intensive school can help you to achieve this.
Unfortunately, our 2020 Summer School is unable to go ahead due to the ongoing global situation surrounding COVID-19. Our next Summer Schools will take place in 2021, with applications open early 2021.
If you have not yet started your Chinese learning then there is no better place to kick-start your learning than Beijing, the capital of China, at a prestigious Chinese university like Beijing Normal University (BNU).
2020 dates: 5-18 July 2020
Registration date: 5 July 2020
Departure date: 18 July 2020
Venue and Accommodation: Beijing Normal University, China (with a short stay in Shanghai).
Content of course;
- 18 hours of language learning plus an assessment
- 7 hours of cultural classes including 'General Introduction to Chinese Culture', Taichi, Calligraphy, Papercutting and Brush Painting.
- 40 hours of cultural experiences in Beijing and Shanghai including a visit to the Great Wall, Yu Garden, a night river cruise of Huangpu and acrobatics.
Upon arrival in Beijing, you will be streamed into a class based on your language level (HSK Level 1 to 4). There will be spare time to explore the city of ancient civilisation and modernity and meet other learners from across the globe.
Please submit a 300-word statement to email@example.com that covers the following;
- Your current level of Chinese
- When you have studied with Manchester Confucius Institute in the last two years and which course
- If you are currently enrolled on one of our courses
- How you will benefit from learning Chinese academically, personally and in terms of your career.
Please note that you must have studied 30 hours of Mandarin at Manchester Confucius Institute.
The scholarship will cover your tuition, accommodation and social programme of the two-week study. You are expected to pay for your international flights and daily expenses. Please note that this trip will require an X2 Student VISA. This VISA will invalidate other VISA's you may already have obtained to China so please take this into account before applying.