Summer Intensive Language School
If you have started to learn Chinese and would like to practice and improve your language, this two-week summer intensive school can help you to achieve this.
If you have not yet started your Chinese learning then there is no better place to kick-start your learning than Beijing, the capital of China, at a prestigious Chinese university like Beijing Normal University (BNU).
2019 dates: 7 - 20 July
Registration date: 7 July 2019
Departure date: 20 July 2019
Venue and Accommodation: Beijing Normal University, China (with a short stay in Shanghai).
Content of course;
- 18 hours of language learning plus an assessment
- 7 hours of cultural classes including 'General Introduction to Chinese Culture', Taichi, Calligraphy, Papercutting and Brush Painting.
- 40 hours of cultural experiences in Beijing and Shanghai including a visit to the Great Wall, Yu Garden, a night river cruise of Huangpu and acrobatics.
Upon arrival in Beijing, you will be streamed into a class based on your language level (HSK Level 1 to 4). There will be spare time to explore the city of ancient civilisation and modernity and meet other learners from across the globe.
The application process is now open until 25 February 2019.
Please submit a 300 word statement to email@example.com that covers the following;
- Your current level of Chinese
- When you have studied with Manchester Confucius Institute in the last two years and which course
- If you are currently enrolled on one of our courses
- How you will benefit from learning Chinese academically, personally and in terms of your career.
Please note that you must have studied 30 hours of Mandarin at Manchester Confucius Institute.
The scholarship will cover your tuition, accommodation and social programme of the two-week study. You are expected to pay for your international flights and daily expenses. Please note there are strict VISA regulations in place which can be discussed with us upon your application.