Teacher training for non-Chinese-speaking educators
Do you work in primary or secondary education in the UK? Would you like to introduce Mandarin Chinese into your lessons?
Gain insight into Chinese language and culture and acquire up-to-date textbooks and teaching materials that will bring your lessons to life with our Teacher Training Course.
Following on from the course, we can also help supply native-speaking Chinese teaching assistants to your school and opportunities for further training in China.
Our teacher training programmes are suitable for:
- Primary school teachers
- Secondary school teachers
- Head teachers
- Language co-ordinators
- Anyone interested in learning and teaching Chinese
- To prepare non-Chinese speaking teachers to deliver Chinese language taster sessions with the aid of tailor-made courseware and multimedia tools
- To enable teachers to introduce Chinese arts & crafts, songs & games as well as sports activities with step-by-step instructions and templates
- To help schools to promote Chinese language and culture to wider communities
What is covered in our lessons
- Numbers and general knowledge of China
- Greetings and self-introduction
- Family members and the Chinese family
- Colours and paper-cutting
- Food, drink and paper-folding
- Body parts and Chinese calligraphy
- Time, Date & Painting Chinese opera masks
- Chinese festivals and lantern-making