Our one-to-one tuition caters for those who require more flexibility with their learning.
Whether you have specific learning goals, require a flexible timetable or just want to be able to work at your own pace, we can help arrange a private language tutor for you.
We deliver high quality, personal teaching tailored to your needs. This can be delivered at your convenience in our offices at 180 Waterloo Place, on campus at the University of Manchester or as a distance learning course over Skype.
We offer two types of tuition
1. General language tuition: for students who want to learn Mandarin as a hobby are working towards an exam or thinking about travelling to China. Your first consultation session is free, after which the Institute charges £30 per hour. This is payable in advance and a minimum of 6 hours is required.
2. Business language tuition: for students who travel to or work with China in a business capacity. Specialised tuition also focuses on Chinese business culture and etiquette. Your first phone consultation session is free, after which the Institute charges £50 per hour. This is payable in advance and a minimum of 6 hours is required.
Please fill out this short form if you are interested in tuition and one of our staff will be in contact with you soon.
Terms and conditions
- The Institute takes full responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered.
- The Institute charges £30/50 per hour session, payable in advance following a free consultation. Payment can be made in cheque (payable to the University of Manchester) or by cash or credit card. A minimum of 6 sessions is expected.
- The dates of tutorial are to be agreed by the CI teacher and client and the tutorials are to be held on campus premises unless otherwise agreed.
- Learning materials are provided by the Institute (except for recommended textbooks).
- A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required for cancellation or rescheduling, otherwise, fees will be charged for absent tutorials.
- NEW from September 2019: Loyalty scheme for long term students: if you take 18 hours of 1-1 tuition within 1 year (3 blocks of 6 hours) then you will be entitled to 2 FREE hours during your next block of tuition.