UK Confucius Institutes
The Confucius Institute Network UK (CINUK) was set up in 2006 as a forum for all UK-based CIs to exchange ideas and experiences, discuss matters of common concern and to collaborate in joint projects.
The CINUK aims to:
- Provide a platform to exchange information, views and experiences in the running of their operations.
- Discuss how to make the best use of the limited resources available.
- Initiate activities of common interest such as organising conferences on Chinese language and culture teaching and learning.
- Explore ways in which CIs can collaborate with each other as well as with other agencies such as British Council and extend the network further.
Apart from ourselves, the other CINUK members are:
- Confucius Institute for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Confucius Institute at University of Central Lancashire, Preston, England
- Confucius Institute at University of Liverpool
- Confucius Institute at the University of Nottingham
- Confucius Institute at the University of Sheffield
- Confucius Institute at Cardiff University
- Confucius Institute at the University of Wales, Trinity St David, Lampeter
- Confucius Institute for Business, London School of Economics
- London Confucius Institute, SOAS, University of London
- Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine, London South Bank University
- Confucius Institute at Lancaster University
- Confucius Institute at Edge Hill University
In addition to CINIK, the Confucius Institute at the University of Manchester has been instrumental in establishing a North West consortium of Confucius Institutes; a working group of institutes in the region comprising Manchester, UCLAN, Liverpool and Sheffield that aims to share resources and support the development of Chinese language and culture in the North West.